Driver Education Classes
This program is designed and required for teens under 18 years who desire to obtain a driver's license in the State of Nevada. The minimum age is 15 years for attendance. The driver education course is preferred to be taken first because it prepares the student for the Department of Motor Vehicles written test to obtain the learner's permit.
- The driver education course is in a classroom environment which we believe is best for the student.
- The instructors are knowledgeable and patient.
- Brief tutoring is offered to those students who may have a learning disability, English as secondary language (ESL), but functional in the classroom.
- This course is offered on the weekends throughout the year. During the Summer, Spring Break and Winter Break the course is offered from Monday to Friday each week until school begins.
- Students experience the simulated effects of alcohol by using our pedal kart with unique goggles.
- Virtual Reality goggles are used during a segment of the program to experience the likeliness of driving into a flooded roadway.
- This is a great place to meet new friends and work with others.
The classes are held in our classroom located at 8515 Edna Ave Suite 160, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89117 (corner of South Durango Dr. and Edna Ave.). There are fast food restaurants located near the school for students who prefer to each lunch between classes.
Check our schedule online for dates and times to register and enroll.
- Students may easily enroll online or over the phone (702) 892-0500 during normal business hours.
Behind the Wheel
In order to be eligible to receive behind the wheel training, the student must have a valid instruction permit or driver's license. Our certified instructors will meet with you at your home, work or school to start your driving lesson for a minimum of two hours.
- Instruction Permit is required by ALL students
- Student must be at least 15-1/2 years old
- Free pickup and drop-off throughout the Las Vegas Valley, which includes North Las Vegas, Summerlin, Las Vegas, Green Valley, Henderson, Blue Diamond, and Boulder City
- Student Progress Reports from Instructor
Reasons to Select Safeway Driving School:
- We have been around since 1991
- All the instructors are fully licensed with background checks through the FBI
- Our instructors track in a calm and patient manner while using encouragement to provide positive reinforcement
- We will not put our students in a driving situation until they are ready for it
- We have experienced instructors that have been teaching for many years
- We have female and male instructors
- Two of our instructors are fluent in Spanish
- The pickup and drop off anywhere within our service area 7 days a week for no extra charge
- Most of our customers come to us from referrals from families and friends which proves that we have satisfied our previous customers
- We teach our students to drive defensively to avoid traffic collisions.
- We offer a progress report so that students are made aware of needed improvement in their driving skills
- We offer a practice drive that for students who desire to use our car during the DMV testing
This school provides a 5-hour traffic safety course in a classroom strategy setting with a live instructor. The course is offered to clear traffic points from your record or to avoid demerits when you have a traffic violation pending in court.
It is an easy course and all attendees agree it is information. After passing the examination a certificate of completion is issued.
Traffic violators are eligible to attend this class to remove demerits from their driving record every twelve months.
This course is usually offered on the third Thursday of each month from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm. A certificate of completion is issued after passing the examination.